As you know, one of my goals written in 12 by 2012 is to lose the pounds gained during pregnancy (around 20lbs still!). Been having a hard time going to the gym because of the last minute stuff I needed to do in the office, with Prulife and in our new business. So, I ended up with giving Juju Cleanse a try.
What is Juju Cleanse?
Juju cleanse is a set of detoxifying drinks that you consume in a certain time period (1-3 days) while you put aside your spoon and fork during those days. It is meant to give your digestive system the much needed break. There are 3 different levels starting with level 1 as an introduction to the world of detoxification all the way to level 3 for the hard-core cleanse.
Benefits of Juju Cleanse
According to its website, the benefits of the Juju Cleanse are as follows –
- Easy absorption: Drinking is easier on your body than eating is, as enzymes, vitamins, and minerals can be absorbed directly into your bloodstream. The energy that would otherwise have gone towards digestion can then be redirected to detoxifying or cleansing.
- Rehydration: Most people don’t drink enough during the day. We fix that.
- Alkaline Restoration: Juju Cleanse promotes the alkalinity of body fluids essential for proper immune and metabolic function.
- Vitamins, minerals, enzymes, oh my. Our program is full of the necessary goodies to get your body back in form.
- Cleansing Action: Our juice cleanse has a laxative effect which will help your body rid itself of toxins and improve your metabolism, which leads directly to the next point:
- Weight loss: Some will lose more weight than others but this is a direct benefit due to the cleansing action of our juices.
After ordering yesterday, I picked up my Juju Cleanse in their New Manila drop-off center. I got the Level 2 1 day detox to see if I can really take it plus we have a dinner on the 22nd so it was impossible for me to complete it in 3 days. I wouldn’t miss our December 22 dinner for anything. 🙂
The Juju cleanse was packaged in its own bag and came with 6 detoxifying drinks. The 6 detoxifying drinks are as follows –
- Green Bomb: This iination of celery, cucumber, coconut water, malunggay, pineapple, s a combromaine lettuce and spinach.
- Red Giant: This is composed of beets, carrots, ginger and pineapple. This is meant to assist in cleansing and elimination.
- Spicy Lemonada: Made of cayenne pepper, honey and lemon, this is aimed at assisting in speeding metabolism and swinging your body’s PH level to a more alkaline state.
- Alkazest: Made of coconut water, grapefruit and pineapple. This is “designed to replenish your electrolytes and boost your energy levels to help get you through the rest of the day.”
- Salaba’t Lemon: Made of ginger, honey and lemon, this is supposed to provide relief with respiratory problems.
The drinks are scheduled to be consumed on 730AM, 10AM, 1230NN, 3PM, 530PM and 8PM. Each one is individually numbered from 1 – 6.
Looking forward to know how the drinks taste and if I can really go the whole day without any food intake.