Simple Travels: Guangzhou – Day 1

25 Feb

Barely having time to savor the Philippines from a recent trip in Bangkok, I had to travel again to Guangzhou China to attend 3 fairs – DPES, Sign China and LED China. Since all 3 fairs will be held on almost the same dates, we decided to take a look and attend.

I had to quickly book our flights and hotels. The direct flight to Guangzhou would have cost us roughly PHP18K per person, a bit too much. Plus, the flight outs were not on a daily basis and we had to wait for Friday to fly out. I didn’t want to be away from Warren too long. And, I didn’t want to spend too long in Guangzhou, either. So, we decided to fly to Hongkong. Since the flight was pretty near, I wasn’t able to get any promo seats. I got the cheapest flight booked (which is sadly at 540AM). Got the tickets for around PHP13K each. Booked our hotels through Agoda, PHP6K per room for 3 nights.

Hubby brought me to the NAIA 3 at an ungodly hour – 4AM. Since I already checked us in via the web, the whole process was no more than 5 minutes. Good thing our flight was on time and we arrived Hongkong by 8AM. As if the heavens were working on our favor, the bus to Guangzhou was leaving at 830AM. We didn’t have to wait long before we were enroute to Guangzhou. The bus ride took us around 3.5 hours and we arrived Guangzhou by 12NN.

Waiting at HK Airport for the bus

Enroute to GZH

We decided to have lunch at a nearby place which is famous for their double layer milk. Lunch was cheap. We spent no more than RMB50 for the following food –

Gani savoring the double layer milk

Beef Stew w/ Turnip

Chicken w/ mushroom

Pan Fried Dumpling

A bit on the groggy and sleepy side, we decided to go straight to the fair after checking in. This was my first time to attend these 3 fairs (1 more To do list checked off in my 2012 list). We took the metro to Pazhou complex (my first to try out the GZH metro). The trip was RMB5 / person to Pazhou complex.

With my Metro coins


Lining up at the metro

We were greeted by the DPES fair upon exiting the metro. There were rows and rows of exhibitors displaying a variety of digital printing items.

It was around 10 degrees outside



We decided to call it a day and took the metro back to the hotel at around 5PM.

After resting for a few minutes, we headed to Beijing Road to get dinner and to window shop. This is what the place looked like. I had Gani try out the Almond Milk of Tea Monkey.


After catching dinner at KFC, we headed back to the hotel to catch the much needed sleep.


Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: