Thailand has always been a happy place for me. Good and affordable food. Nice tourist spots. Great shopping areas. There are lots to do in Thailand. 3 days is never enough but you make do with whatever vacation time you have. These are 5 things my mom and I did in Thailand –
- EAT. EAT. EAT. We had a late lunch at Kuppa. Enjoyed their Truffle, Mascarpone and Onion Pizza. I can still smell the truffles. Savored their crispy pork leg over red cabbage and creamy mashed potatos and finished it off with their freshly brewed Kuppa coffee. We tried out a few never been tried restaurant – Lemongrass. Too expensive for the type of food they serve. Not recommended. We satisfied our seafood cravings at Somboon, fried curry crab meat, steamed seabass in chili oil and spicy vegetables. We also enjoyed the food at the Platinum food court – Mango with Sticky rice and Water Chestnut in Coconut. Before we left Bangkok, we also had a scrumptuous breakfast buffet at Intercontinental Hotel. Their home-made strawberry and blueberry jams are just divine. 🙂
- Massage. We got our massage fix at Ruen Nuad. A 2 hour Thai massage of stretching and twisting made our body ready for the next day’s walk.
- SHOP. SHOP. SHOP. Bangkok is filled with rows and rows of malls, from high end ones to whole-sale malls. We visited only 2 this trip – MBK and Platinum Mall. Again, saw some great finds. Bought a lot for Warren. Was also able to buy a few pasalubongs for H and my mom-in-law.
- Temple Visits. We asked for blessings from the Erawan Shrine and visited the buddhas at the Wat Po area.
- Ride a Tuktuk, the BTS and a Taxi. So, our hotel provides a shuttle in the form of a tuktuk out of the hotel to the nearest BTS station – Nana Station, We took the BTS a few times this trip but our foremost mode of transportation is the Taxi. Flagdown rate is not too bad at B25. Most of our trips cost us roughly B60 so it would have cost the same had we taken the BTS. Traffic also wasn’t too bad this time around.
So, that’s what we did in our recent 4-day visit to Thailand! 🙂