Today’s lunch is at Lei Garden, a Michelin star restaurant located in Times Square.
In my previous post, I mentioned wanting to eat Lei Garden’s famous 5-layer pork and so today we did.
Here are my observations of the dishes we had –
1. The 5-layer pork wasn’t spectacular. It was actually very similar to Choi Garden’s version.
2. The lotus rice was definitely a surprise. The moment they opened the lotus leaf, you can smell the rice and the mushrooms.
3. Their vegetable and mushroom dumpling is also worth a try. I love mushrooms and this dish had at least 3 varieties.
4. The rice roll with BBQ isn’t my cup of tea. The rice roll was a bit tough for me.
5. The Xiao Long Pao was yummy! The soup inside was very tasty! The best Xiao Long Pao I’ve tasted so far.
6. The BBQ Siopao was also very good! The bread was soft and it had lots of BBQ pork inside.
7. The mini egg tarts were the right order to complete the meal. 🙂
ON THE TABLE
Our total bill is HKD531. 🙂